Q. How do I know if my home has the proper coverage?

A. Your Agent has access to a computer program that can calculate the cost to replace your home in today’s market. We recommend that you contact your Agent on an annual basis (or immediately if you have completed any additions or remodeling), to make sure that your property is adequately insured.

Q. I need to make some changes to my policy. Who do I contact?

A. Please contact your Agent so that they may advise you on any changes you would like to make to your coverage. Your Agent contact information can be found on the top right corner of your insurance policy declarations page.

Q. Does Ellington Mutual sell directly to the public?

A. Ellington Mutual sells insurance through our network of independent agencies. To locate an agency in your area, go to the “Agent Locator” tab. Enter your zip code and search radius.  A listing of agencies will appear on the interactive map.  Hover over your choice and additional information will be displayed.

Q. Does Ellington Mutual sell automobile insurance?

A. At this time, Ellington Mutual does not offer automobile insurance. However, many of our agencies represent auto insurance carriers that will offer a policy credit if you have your primary residence insured with Ellington Mutual. Please check with your Agent for eligibility.

Q. Why should I have a personal property inventory?

A. In the event of a loss, trying to remember all of your possessions is extremely difficult. Ellington Mutual recommends that you either utilize an online service to develop a list such as “Know your Stuff” or simply keep of list of larger items with photos or a video.  Just walking around your home and outbuildings with a video camera mentioning items will help in the event of a loss.  Make sure the camera media is stored off site either in a safe deposit box or with a trusted friend or relative.

Q. Does Ellington Mutual offer umbrella coverage?

A. Ellington Mutual does offer competitive rates on umbrella coverage.  This important coverage is a key element in your asset protection.

Q. I’m installing a wood burner, can Ellington Mutual provide installation guidelines?

A. Ellington Mutual can provide technical guidelines for the installation of a wood burning appliance. Please call our office at 920-779-4515 for more information.

Q. Does Ellington Mutual offer coverage throughout Wisconsin?

A. Ellington Mutual is authorized to write in the entire state of Wisconsin. Simply contact the nearest agency using our agent locator feature and they would be glad to help you even they are not in your town.